The Cars - You’re All I’ve Got Tonight
- 10:00 Wake up and dig through my iTunes library to pick my next song.
- 10:30 Learn and record drum track (one take).
- 12:00 Learn and record rhythm guitar tracks (one take each).
- 19:00 Learn and record vocals (5 tracks, about one take each).
- 21:00 Learn and record lead guitar tracks (about one take each).
- 22:00 Learn and record bass track (one take).
- 22:30 Mix.
Total time spent on the song was about 6 hours.
It’s amazing how much more comfortable and confident I am with my electric guitar. The 6 hours I spent on this song were incalculably more enjoyable than 1 hour I spent on yesterday’s song. Like I said yesterday… know your strengths and your weaknesses. I’ll continue to remind myself of that as I work through the next 4 weeks.
Originally recorded: March 20, 2011